Green at Heart
Envision Online goes Green whenever possible:
- Coffee grounds, tea leaves, and food scraps get taken home and composted.
- We've made a company-wide effort to reduce printing as much as we can, and wean ourselves from paper-centred systems. In a new initiative for 2011, iPads and other tablets help some of our staffers reduce note paper usage during meetings.
- Rechargeable batteries power wireless devices like mice and keyboards.
- When working with local clients, we try to reduce car emissions by holding meetings by phone or Skype.
- Everything that can be recycled in Ottawa, is recycled: from paper to plastic to electronic equipment like old monitors.
Contributing To Our Online Communities
For over a decade, Envision has taken advantage of learning opportunities provided by all kinds of online communities. They've freely given great ideas, solved programming problems, offered business opportunities, and shared experiences. 2011 has seen the beginning of Envision's mandate to give back to these communities as often as possible:
- The Envision Up blog offers perspectives on all things web-related
- The Customer Experience blog and Twitter feed have allowed us to share business ideas.
- Social Networks like Linked In and Twitter give Envision a chance to share interesting business information with colleagues
- Community discussion forums allow Envision to share information with other web designers and web developers around the world